Friends

Saturday, May 10, 2008

This past weekend, I was reminded of what a wonderful circle of friends I have and how thankful I am for them. We have become so close and have shared some really awesome experiences together and have been there for each other whenever any of us go through difficult times. They have stuck with me throughout the good and the bad and are always there to support me.

The past few months we started planning girls’ nights where we leave the kids with our amazing husbands and meet up to eat, play games, talk, etc. This past Friday was one of those designated nights. I had been planning on going for weeks, but by Friday wasn’t sure I still wanted to go because I had been having a rough week. Knowing how much fun I usually have, Frank encouraged me to go. I have to admit that he’s usually always right, so I listened to him and dragged myself to my friend’s house to meet up with ‘the gang’. As soon as I got there, I was immediately glad that I had gone. They are always so supportive, loving, caring, fun, not to mention hilarious! I am so thankful for all of them. I had a great time and felt so much better by the time I left. I am so glad that I have a husband who encourages me to get out and have fun and friends who will always be there for me.

So the next time you feel like I did, call on the friends that you trust and get out and have some fun. Friends and laughter are the best medicine on a gloomy day!

0 comments: