Sweet Dreams

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My favorite time of the day is nighttime, specifically bedtime. I look forward to each of the boy’s bedtime routines. When it’s time for bed, Michael will choose a few books and we cuddle up on the couch and I’ll read to him. Once we’re done reading, we head upstairs to his bedroom and sit in the rocking chair while singing the ABC song together. At that moment I realize that he is such a miracle and sometimes can’t believe how far he has come. After that, we pray and he climbs into his little fire engine bed and I tuck him in with his blue dog and blankie. He’s such a good boy and goes right to sleep.

As soon as Michael is in bed, I start feeding AJ. He is quite the mommy’s boy and loves his last feeding of the day. He gets so comfy that I usually have to wake him up a few times to make sure he is getting a full feeding. Once he’s done eating, he snuggles up and falls right to sleep. That is such a special time – there is nothing like the smell of a baby, the warmth of his tiny body and the sound of his heavy breathing against my neck. I can’t help but just sit there and hold him for a while. Then, I take him upstairs and pray with him. I pray for a peaceful night’s sleep. I thank God for blessing me with two little angels. I also thank God for giving me another beautiful day with my boys and more good health for them.

I appreciate these moments and try to remember each and every detail knowing that they go by so quickly. My boys are growing up a little more each day. Sometimes this makes me sad but I also realize that with each new milestone that they reach, there are so many new and exciting memories that we are creating together.

When you sit with your kids at the end of each day, are you enjoying and appreciating each moment you have with them?

0 comments: