Not sure about sharing

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Usually when company comes to stay at our house we put AJ in a pack-n-play in our bedroom and put the guests in the guest room (where AJ has taken up residency). Our plan has always been to have the boys share a room, so both the crib and toddler bed have been in Michael's room for quite some time. Well, now that AJ is 9 months old, we decided to try putting them together last night. Unfortunately, at about 3:30am Michael started crying because he got tangled up in his covers. I ran in there as soon as I heard him and tucked him back in. Within about half an hour, AJ started crying, so I nursed him back to sleep and went back to bed myself. About an hour later I heard them again. This time it was both of them. As tired as I was, I have to admit that what I saw when I went in this time was kinda cute . Michael was sitting up in his little fire engine bed giggling at AJ who was propped up on his elbows in his crib facing Michael with a big smile on his face. At that point I realized that it was silly to even think that I was going to get either of them back to sleep. Needless to say, we were up VERY early this morning.

As tired as I was when naptime came this afternoon, I thought I should give it another try. So, Michael was put to bed first. I then put AJ in his crib and decided to try to catch a quick nap myself. All was well for about 45 minutes and then Michael woke up and proceeded to wake up his little brother. After a short night and an even shorter nap, you can imagine that I had a bit of crankiness in the house this evening. Bedtime couldn't come too soon! :-) I have to admit that I am probably a glutton for punishment....but yes, I did put them together again tonight in hopes that as they grow up, they can share a room and develop that special bond between siblings. I guess we'll see what happens. I just hope we all get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow just happens to be one of the mornings each week that I get up at 4:45am to go work out at the gym. Ya, I know - another crazy habit of mine! Anyway...wish us luck!

0 comments: