...and Daddy got mad!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When I went to pick up Michael from preschool today, I was told that he had been telling stories about daddy. Apparently, during snack time he started telling everyone in the classroom about our dinnertime experience from last night and they all found it to be quite amusing. I decided to "quiz" him on the way home to see exactly what it was that he told everyone. This is the version I heard:

"Daddy got mad at AJ. AJ not eat dinner and daddy talk loud. Daddy say - You eat dinner, AJ! AJ not eat. AJ get down. AJ no like hot dog. Daddy frown at AJ. He not happy. AJ not good boy."

I guess you probably get the gist of the story. He was pretty accurate. As you can see in the picture above, he even demonstrated how daddy frowned at AJ. I couldn't contain my laughter.

AJ was always a very good eater, but has now decided that he will only eat his favorites (of which are very few) and doesn't particularly want to try out new foods. Breakfast (oatmeal and applesauce) is always easy, but lunchtime and dinnertime are becoming a real challenge. It can be very frustrating for Frank and I, but obviously Michael finds the whole experience to be very entertaining.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

UGHHH!!! I feel your pain. Parker is giving me such a tough time right now. He went from eating or at least trying table food and slowly weaning himself of the babyfood to now spitting out EVERYTHING we give him and wanting to occasionally eat babyfood again. It drives me crazy. I don't even know what to do with him. I can't decide whether to just stop trying and wait a few weeks or keep trying everyday and hope that one day he will eventually start eating again!

Tanya said...

Oops - meant to leave that comment on the AJ story. :)

Michael's face is TOO funny!!